We are really excited that from Easter 2021 we will be offering nursery provision at Ash Croft Primary Academy.
Our Nursery timings are as follows:
Morning Sessions - 8.45am until 11.45am
Afternoon Sessions - 12.15pm until 3.15pm
30 Hour Session - 8:45am until 3:15pm
30 hours (Free) Childcare
Along with the 15 hours funded childcare, we offer 30 hours childcare for eligible families.
The Childcare Choices website includes a Childcare Calculator for parents to compare all the government’s childcare offers and check what works best for families.
Currently all 3 and 4 year olds are entitled to 570 hours of free childcare a year as a universal offer. If you are both working parents you may be entitled to 1140 hours of free early years provision.
View the leaflet to find out the criteria for working families to be eligible for this offer. Parents can now register details on the Childcare Support website, to be able to apply for this exciting offer and return their eligibility code to the academy ASAP.
A quick reminder on the eligibility criteria entitling parents to the 1140 hours of extended entitlement is:
- Both parents are working (or the sole parent is working in a lone family) and work / expect to earn at least the equivalent of 16 hours at the National Minimum or Living Wage over the coming three months.
- This equates to £120 a week (or c.£6,000 a year) for each parent over 25 years old or £112.80 a week (or c £5,800 a year) for each parent between 21 and 24 years old.
- This applies whether you are in paid employment, self-employed or on a zero hours contract.
- The parent (and their partner where applicable) should be seeking the free childcare to enable them to work.
- Where one or both parents are on maternity, paternity, shared parental or adoption leave, or if they are on statutory sick leave.
- Where one parent meets the income criteria and the other is unable to work because they are disabled, have caring responsibilities or have been assessed as having limited capability to work.
- Where a parent is in a ‘start-up period’ (i.e. they are newly self-employed) they do not need to demonstrate that they meet the income criteria for 12 months.
- If a non-EEA national, the parent must have recourse to public funds.
The Childcare Service System is now live for parents with children up to the age of 4. This means that parents wishing to access the extended free childcare can now apply for the extended entitlement using this system. Here is a link to the online Childcare Service.
The online checker is now available so you can find out if you are entitled to the extended free childcare offer for 3 and 4 year olds.
Parents who will be eligible for the extended entitlement must act now if they want to be able to access the extended entitlement.
Parents must apply, as soon as possible, per the section below on page 10 of the DfE’s recent operational guidance document. Parents may receive eligibility codes before their child is three but children can only start claiming their extended hours place the term following the child’s third birthday or the term following the date the eligibility code was issued (whichever is the later). Parents can also submit a telephone application by calling 0300 123 4097. You can use the DfE’s 30 Hours Eligibility Guide to help understand if you’re eligible for the extended entitlement. You can download a copy here.
For any further queries you can contact the Childcare and Families Information Service on 01332 64078 or email@example.com or visit their website for more information about services for children and families.
To apply for a place for your child in our nursery please complete the online application form, or download the form and return it to school. If your child is here over lunchtime, lunches are charged at £2.20 per day. Payments can be made online via a ParentPay account.
Aims & Values
In Nursery our aims, values and vision is that of the whole academy but also we want to adopt a nursery classroom that builds a good foundation for the rest of their academy life.
We plan fun and exciting activities every day to promote and nurture the children’s natural curiosity and love for learning and finding out. All activities are accessed at the children’s own level and we believe every child has the right to succeed. The children who attend our nursery are happy and friendly, who play well together, sharing and taking turns. We encourage independence in many skills and help children foster an “I can” attitude. The classroom is a stimulating and friendly place to be, where we encourage the children to be eager, enthusiastic and willing to try new things.